I test my survival skills in the Canadian forest to survive with just the things I carry in my small backpack. I’ll survive with just a knife, saw, and my 22 long rifle. My Spices (Shop and Support): https://www.thewoodedbeardsman.com/shop/
I will make a primitive friction fire with a cedar spindle and a cedar base or hearth board. I’ll shoot a grouse, pluck and cook it over an open fire and build a shelter with materials I find in the woods. I’ll build a simple lean-to shelter with sticks, and make an epic fire to cook wild edibles I find in the forest.
I’m fortunate to find some fall wild foods including black walnuts, and apples, though they are a little far gone to be completely seasonal. So I cook them and dry them over the fire to make them edible. Thankfully I find a stream to purify water, but I also show you you can drink water from snow.
Primitive challenge with a few simple basic tools. I will show you how to start a fire using primitive techniques and cook a wild grouse over an open fire. Survival is all about making the best of a bad situation. Staying warm and dry is the key to staying alive. After survival is taken care of, it’s all about making your situation even better. Finding food, water, and making a shelter is a must to create ultimate survival comfort. I use a saw and basic tools to make a bushcrafter shelter in the Canadian forest using materials around us like tree branches and dried grass.
I attempt a friction fire using primitive technology – a cedar spindle, hearth board, and some birch bark and cedar shavings for a tinder bundle. Can I get a fire lite in tough conditions?
Can you eat snow? Find out!
– Small business marketing help: https://yourseosquad.com/rainmaker/?fbclid=IwAR37IFLevAOtLmHE8Pyh5SxEq2Eic9bOeallxcPLfFA-Srgi3sQqdagCaVA
– Website (For Email Alerts): http://thewoodedbeardsman.com/
– Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/the_wooded_beardsman/
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/The-Wooded-Beardsman-454022962084308/
– Tik Tok: https://www.tiktok.com/@the_wooded_beardsman
– Merch (t-shirts): https://teespring.com/stores/the-wooded-beardsman
– Become part of MY TRIBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuoSzo6nnDLKOiZ_rXHE6Gw/join
– Mystery Tackle Box: https://mtbfish.com/bearded-woods [Use Code “BEARDSMAN” for your discount!]
– CatchCo: https://gokarls.com/bearded-woods
– Lyndon Trout Pond: https://lyndonfishhatcheries.com/fishing-pond/
– The Dug Out Dude: http://www.thedugoutdude.ca/
– Pelican Kayaks: https://www.pelicansport.com/
– Aqua Vu: https://www.aquavu.com/
– Fish Spear: https://clancysoutdoors.com/shop/fish-spearing-products/
SPONSORS | DISCOUNTS
– Woodobo Spice: https://www.thewoodedbeardsman.com/shop/
– Trail Cameras (Browning): https://browningtrailcameras.com/
– Tactacam Camera: https://www.tactacam.com/
– Flashlights (O-light): www.olightworld.com [use code “woodbeard” for 10% off]
Olight USA: http://bit.ly/2WKlkM6
Olight Canada: http://bit.ly/2VEJpHV
– Slingshots, slingbows (Simpleshot): https://simple-shot.com?aff=woodedbeardsman
– Camo (ASAT): www.asatcamo.com [use code “WoodBeard” to get 10% off]
– Inergy Apex Solar Power (Discount Code: BEARDSMAN): https://glnk.io/q0w/the-wooded-beardsman
– Norwood Portable Sawmill: https://www.norwoodsawmills.com
– Eastonmade Wood Splitter: http://www.eastonmadewoodsplitters.com/
– Briggs and Stratton: https://www.briggsandstratton.com
– Vicwest Building Products (Roof): https://vicwest.com/
– Inergy (Solar): https://glnk.io/q0w/the-wooded-beardsman
#wildernessliving #survivalchallenge #wildfoods
View original video here